Followers

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Thankful with Stinkin' Inkers!

This  month's theme at Stinkin' Inkers is "Thankful".  With so many tragedies happening, it's the perfect time to try and remember what, and who, you are grateful for. I know my gratitude list would be miles long. And if no one told you today, let me be the one to tell you that I'm grateful you're here.

I decided to challenge myself a bit and use nothing but my CAMEO to make a card.  I hope you like it:


What I used to Make my Card:
White Square Card Base
Silhouette CAMEO Designs: Leaf Wreath, by Dresden Carrie, #225912 & 225903
Various Brown Card
Green Card Panel
Authentique 6x6 Paper Pad, Harvest, #HVT008 {retired but available}


After I cut all the pieces out, using the CAMEO, in different shades of brown, I wove the large leaf through the wreath in various places.  I lightly glued the wreath to the green panel - just enough to stick it to the paper, but leaving lots of places open so I could tuck the little leaves around.  I began to tuck the small leaves around the wreath and I decided I needed just one more color.  So I pulled dark brown card out of my stash and just cut the smaller leaves - one of my favorite things about the Silhouette is the ability to pick and chose what to cut, and that you can cut as many as you want with the touch of a button.

After I was happy with the leaves, I took my cutout of the word "Thankful", which was cut from the Authentique patterned paper and them attached to the wreath.  Easy card to male and send to someone your thankful for. I hope to see your creation at the Stinkin' Inkers Thankful Challenge! Thank you for reading my tutorial ~ hugs, Christi

I am entering my Thankful card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Thanks/Thanksgiving
Crafty Cardmakers - #199, Thankful
Dragonfly Journey - #104, Attitude of Gratitude 
Just Us Girls - #418, Thankful


8 comments:

  1. Lovely card and wonderful use of the Cameo. Love the colour scheme too. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Thankful' challenge. Hope to see your work next time!
    Happy Crafting
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and really shows off the delicate details that can be achieved with the cameo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card! Love the colours! Thank you for joining our "Thankful" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christi! Very pretty and the perfect little Fall leaf wreath. Love it!
    Thanks so much for joining my Attitude of Gratitude blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thankful card. Lovely simple pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. Love that die cut wreath. Nicely done and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect colors for the season, your card is so pretty! love the wreath you created! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)